Thursday, October 10, 2013

project 2 free write

     For project 2 I plan to use one of the UNICEF commercials. UNICEF stands for United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund, more formerly known as United Nations Children Fund. I chose to use a UNICEF commercial because they are one of the few commercials that have always been successful at affecting me, emotionally. The company's targeted audience is upper to middle class families who do not always think about the under privileged children. The tone is very strong in this particular commercial which I thought was different from the rest. Other UNICEF commercials attempt to appeal to the audiences' emotions by making them upset about the conditions some children have to live in. This commercial tells the audience that this non-profit organization is effective and strong and that you should be a part of it. I believe that the strongest subject of this commercial is pathos because it really appeals to the audience's emotions. My personal connection to this piece has a lot to do with remembering my how the commercials affected my emotions as a child. UNICEF commercials are becoming more rare on television but I remember seeing them as a child and wanting to help those children. I used to trick-or-treat for UNICEF every year. 
 http://youtu.be/Vqnif9gnqhI#aid=P9DoN1p-xc4

No comments:

Post a Comment